Senator Orji Uzor Kalu, Abia North and you — By Eberekpe Ogho3 min read
Politics is here and electioneering is ongoing and fever and passion are pitching.
One such pitches is the recent primaries that took place in the country, prominent was the APC. Reason? Senator Orji Uzor Kalu was a factor. Expectations were high; his fans, his disciples, his believers and followers expected nothing from him save the highest prize of the presidency.
Because he has the clout, the riches, the wealth, the power and influence and contacts of most relevance, and more. But do all these count without the realisation and understanding of the temperament and situational quakes of the the Nigerian polity? Senator Orji Uzor Kalu does… He jettisoned the dream and ambition and great expectation of his and others because he understood and knew; you do not pursue a battle with all the presentation of uselessness in front of you backed up by compromising fronts. It is both business and leadership tactics.
He proved and told us about his ambition, and made us understand too, difficult as it might seem, that he is not *desperate*.
Were his followers and following disappointed? Were they angry? Were they frustrated? Maybe yes to all the questions. But one thing was certain, and still is; you do not follow the situational politics of Nigeria with all its dynamics with bias, sentiments, without the type of broad-mindedness and open-mindedness as Kalu continues to do.
Nigeria is a religious feild; tribalism, nepotism,
machiavellianism, and other of its many nausea where the only preachment of righteousness ends at the elevated pavement.
I have said, written in one of my works: *ORJISM 57 PRINCELY PRECEPTS*, that if Kalu were not a politician he would have best succeeded as a *Prince*. He has become a *Prince* on a turf without princehood, which he has to navigate with the depth of care subtlety.
Not Kalu, but the systemic failure of deprivation ever since fans and followers and believers must understand: the real meaning and definition of a particular system of government. We should all blame our frustration and disappointment on this and not that decision.
Kalu must take his real princehood to the conclave of utmost need and relevance and necessity.
Now, this is what matters: the Abia North Senatorial district election. This is all that should count where there is the absence of inconsistent weather delegates. It is now you and your destiny within the comity compact community and district.
Abia Northerners would have to make a decision based on the management and understanding of their past anger and frustration most recently exhibited and concentrate on the exploration of their reality which has been on in the last four years, because that is where their true self resides.
In the Abia North Senatorial district election, the *APC* has done the right thing by returning him to contest unopposed; the citizens of that community must do same because for the past four years going, *OUK* has demonstrated that he is the master of the game on this particular showpiece.
Abia Northerners must decide aright with buried sentiments and angst by giving consideration to their reality, not forgetting some of this in a hurry:
*BILLS SPONSORED BY SENATOR ORJI UZOR KALU*
• A BILL FOR AN ACT TO AMEND THE FEDERAL COLLEGES OF EDUCATION ACT,TO PROVIDE FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION(TECHNICAL) AROCHUKWU.
• FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC ABIRIBA, ABIA STATE.
• COMPULSORY, FREE UNIVERSAL BASIC EDUCATION ACT 2004 TO PROVIDE FOR INCREASED FUNDING OF BASIC EDUCATION.
• THE NATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL STANDARDS AND REGULATIONS ENFORCEMENT AGENCY TO PROVIDE FOR THE PREVENTION AND CONTROL OF ATMOSPHERIC AIR POLLUTION AND OTHER RELATED MATTERS.
• FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES AND BIOMEDICAL TECHNOLOGY, UMUNNA, BENDE LGA, ABIA STATE.
• AN ACT TO ACHIEVE UNIVERSAL HEALTH COVERAGE AND SUSTAINABLE HEALTH DEVELOPMENT THROUGH PRIMARY HEALTH CARE AND PROVIDING SUITABLE FINANCIAL RISK PROTECTION MECHANISM.
• AN ACT TO PROVIDE FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT OF FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OVIM, ISIKWUATO L.G.A, ABIA STATE.
• FEDERAL COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE, ISIOCHI, UMUNNEOCHI LGA, ABIA STATE ESTABLISHMENT BILL 2022…