Police authorities have paraded one of the suspects involved in the vicious attack on Apostle Suleman’s convoy which left over 7 killed in October, 2022.
A 34-year-old man identified as Yusuf Isah, was paraded by the police on Thursday alongside 19 other culprits following a botched assassination attempt on the cleric last year.
Recalled that armed men opened fire on the cleric’s convoy on the 21st of October 2022, around Auchi, Edo State, killing 7 people.
CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi who spoke newsmen while parading the suspect disclosed that Isah had been the first to open fire on the clergyman’s convoy.
He said, “Operatives of the FIB on the trail of the assailants apprehended this suspect, Yusuf Isah, a native of Okene, Kogi State, at Agabara Oluwatobi Phase 2, a plumber, and recovered five AK-47, 2 K2 Assault rifles, 180 Live Ammunition, and four suspected IEDs found in his apartment.
“Investigation revealed that the suspect was part of the seven-man gang responsible for the attack on the convoy of the Apostle and some of the rifles found in his possession were riffles snatched from the three police officers that were killed during the October 21, 2022 attack.”
It was also reported by the police that Isah had admitted to joining the gang in 2021 after being freed from Olokuta Correctional Service, where he had been after being apprehended for armed robbery.
The suspect on his part admitted and confessed that the mission had been one with the intent of assassinating the cleric.
He said: “Actually, it was a case of assassination, but I don’t have the details of the operation. It was Ilaisu and Nabista that have the full information. I am the first person that pulled fire on the convoy of Apostle Suleiman.”